As a rule, noting down those things people say that make you smile can prove completely brilliant, especially when you look back a little while later!
Here’s a list of quotes from Gran Canaria that make me cry with laughter. Have a smile, have a good read…
“We’ll be landing in…oh Las Palmas, nearly forgot where we were going then!”
– Pilot on Easy Jet 20 minutes before landing.
“I call it a Rob-Special with ham and a bit of cheese.”
“You mean a ham and cheese sandwich?”
“Don’t deny it; everyone’s had a bit of dirt”
“There’s a lot of agua de viva”
– Our first warning of jelly fish, the life of the sea.
“I feel really privileged”
– In response to the Internet Café at 2 euros for 100 minutes, just around the corner.
“But what if they’re really hungry?”
– In conversation to those fish eating your feet.
“You bring the saucepan, I’ll provide the heat”
– On making coffee, it turned out.
“You know they should really give instructions for warming up noowtella. 2 minutes in the microwave just isn’t good – trust me. “
– A very serious thought from Rob on heating up Nutella, which he pronounces noowtella. Is it the Irish roots?
“Will you sit down!”
– Many a tragic story from Justine for our entertainment, which will never be told on this blog…
“I have so much happiness in my cheeks”
– How to explain puffy cheeks.
“Sometimes I dream about sleeping, I love sleeping”
“You gotta die of something; it may as well be deep fried mushrooms”
– After a good meal out with tapas.
“Have you read the hungry cater-pillar backwards so it looks anorexic?”