For those not in the know, this isn’t something I do.
Paragliding is an extreme sport, requiring you to support the idea that dangling in the air is fun. You also put all your trust in a stranger to control wires and harnessing draped around you.
So each time I go to a new place the challenge is to try something a little out of my comfort zone. It’s usually a water based activity, this time it was Paragliding.
…You also put all your trust in a stranger to control wires and harnessing draped around you..
Here are a few snaps of how incredible this sport is with a briefing of what happens, enjoy!
- You’re safely harnessed into what will be your seat for the journey
- Then you’re attached to an instructor for a tandem ride
- Your feet will scurry back on the mountain top, as the parachute opens itself and pulls you back with mighty gusto!
- The parachute fully opens to unveil a storm of beautiful colours
- Your feet gradually tip-off the ground as you begin to glide up …
- Up and up and up …
- Sit back and look at that blue sky
If you head to Gran Canaria look up Chris and his team on: http://aventuraencanarias.com/parapente.html for a 25-30 minute ride its 70 euros.
Facey B: Aventuraencanarias Canarias